Schedule of the first semester of the program “Projections of the Avant-Garde”
April 12th, 2:00 PM
Session “New History of the Avant-Garde”
Peter Greenway (Great Britain), Saskia Boddeke (Netherlands).
Round table «Looking for the Avant-Garde. Past, Present, Future»
Moderator Olesya Turkina
- Eugenia Shermeneva – curator of the “Theater” section,
- Irina Korobyina – consultant of the “Architecture” section,
- Dmitry Karpov – consultant of the “Poetry” section,
- Olga Shishko – author of the program.
April 15th, 7:00 PM
Session “Painters of the Avant-Garde and Theatre”, part 1
Moderator Mikhail Levitin
- Mikhail Levitin “Theatre Direction in 1920-1930s”
- Elena Strutinskaya, Maria Lipatova “Theatre of Alexander Tairov. Theater of Vsevolod Meyerhold”
- Eugenia Ilyuhina “Theater of Natalia Goncharova and Mihail Larionov”
- Irina Pronina “Pavel Filonov: The Theatre of the Impossible”.
April 17th, 7:00 PM
Session “Painters of the Avant-Garde and Theatre”, part 2
Moderator Lyubov Pchelkina
- Irina Vakar “Theatre of the Avant-Garde. Malevich and Others”
- Alexander Ponomarev “’Zangezi’ by Velimir Khlebnikov Produced by the ‘Chetnechet’ Theatre”
- Andrey Smirnov
- Lyubov Pchelkina “Solomon Nikritin’s Projection Theatre”
- Dmitry Aryupin “’BlackSkyWhite’: Bauhaus and Electronic Solutions for the Stage”.
April 19th, 3:00 PM
Session “Russian Avant-Garde in the West: Interpretations, Influences, Challenges for Understanding”
Moderator Ekaterina Bobrinskaya
- Nina Guryianova (USA) “The Russian Avant-Garde and the Methodologies of Its Exploration in the USA”
- Jean-Claude Marcadé (France) “Perception of the Russian Avant-Garde in France and the Surroundings”
- Andrey Sarabyanov (Russia) “Russian Avant-Garde in the West”.
April 22nd , 7:00 PM
Session “Russian Avant-Garde and Politics (from Anarchism to Communism)”
Moderator Natalia Smolyanskaya
- Nina Guryanova (USA) “The Poetics and Ideology of the Russian Avant-Garde”
- Natalia Smolyanskaya (Russia–France) “Projects and Projections”
- Ekaterina Lazareva (Russia) “Aesthetisation of Politics vs. Politisation of Aesthetics”.
April 24th, 7:00 PM
Session “Music vs. Technology. Graphic Sound. Microtonal Avant-Garde. Optical Synthesis”
Moderator Andrey Smirnov
- Andrey Smirnov (Russia) “Looking for the Lost Sound. The Pioneers of the Sound Art in Russia in 1910 – 1930s”
- Natalya Katonova (Russia) “Microtonal Avant-Garde”
- Derek Holzer (Germany) “Exploring the Past. Media Archeology of the DIY Electronic Sound”.
April 24-25th, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Museum and Exhibition Center «Rabochiy I Kolkhozniza»
Workshop in optical sound synthesis by Derek Holzer (Germany) – preliminary registration required.
April 26th, 5:00 PM
Presentation of the outcomes of Derek Holzer’s workshop in optical sound synthesis and “ToneWheels” performance.
April 29th, 7:00 PM
Session “Modern Composer and the Avant-Garde”
- Alexander Manotskov (Russia) “Temporal Temperament and the Will to Transcending Time”
- Dmitry Kurlyandsky (Russia) “The Personification of Styles Today”
- Vladimir Rannev (Russia)
Concert together with The Moscow Modern Music Band.
May 13th, 7:00 PM
Session “Constructivism and Industrial Art”
- Christina Kayer (USA) “Comradely Subject of the Industrial Art”
- Christina Lodder (UK) “Exploring the Constructivist Paradigm”.
May 17th, 5:00 PM
Olga Shishko — guided tour of Peter Greenway and Saskia Boddeke’s exhibition “Golden Age of the Russian Avant-Garde”.
May 18th, 5:00 PM
Finissage and the presentation of the catalogue of Peter Greenway and Saskia Boddeke’s exhibition “Golden Age of the Russian Avant-Garde” — free entrance.
May 20th, 7:00 PM
Session of poetry performances
- Sergey Biryukov (Russia) “The Acoustic and the Visual in the Russian Poetic Avant-Garde. 1910- 2010s”
- Natalya Fedorova (Russia) “Technologies of Lettrism”.
May 22nd, 7:00 PM
Session “Bauhaus and Vkhutemas Interaction”
Moderator Irina Chepkunova
- Irina Korobyina (Russia)
- Irina Chepkunova (Russia) “Educational System: Bauhaus, Vkhutemas”;
- Philipp Oswalt (Germany) “Collective Household in the Bauhaus Tradition”.
May 24th, 2:00 PM
Nicolay Vasilyev (the author of “Architecture of the Avant-Garde”) – architectural guided tour.
May 27th, 7:00 PM
Session “Film as Installation / Installation as Film”
- Olga Shishko (Russia) “Fascinated by Screens, or Time of Affect”
- Raymond Bellour (France) “Cinema and The Art of the Moving Image”.
June 12th, 7:00 PM
Special program by “Theatre” magazine
“Exploring the Phenomenon of Avant-Garde in the Contemporary Theatre”
June 14th, 5:00 PM
Session “Experiments with Space: Institute für Raumexperimente”
Moderator Anastassia Shavlokhova
Julius von Bismarсk, Fabian Knecht, Lucas Topfer, Markus Hoffmann (all — Germany).
June 17th, 7:00 PM
Session “Avant-Garde of the Digital Text”
- Roberto Simonowski (Germany) “Avant-Garde of the Digital Text”
- Eugeny Gorny (Russia).
June 21st, 7:00 PM
Multimedia performance by Steve Dickson and The Chameleons Group “The Waste Land”.
June 21st, 5:00 PM
Session “From The Montage of Attractions to Neurocinema”
Part 1. “Multidimentionality of Psycho effects. Music, Cinema and Theatre”
- Steve Dickson (UK – Singapore)
- Boris Yukhananov (Russia)
- Alexey Nadzharov (Russia).
June 22nd, 3:00 PM
Session “From The Montage of Attractions to Neurocinema”
Part 2. “Experiments of the Cinematic Avant-Garde”
- Nicolay Izvolov (Russia)
- Alexander Deryabin (Russia).
Part 3. “Contemporary Research in Neurocinema and Enactive Cinema”
- Pia Tikka (Finland)
- Alexander Valjamae (Estonia)
- Lyubov Bugaeva (Russia)
- Sergey Filippov (Russia)
June 26-27th, 7:00 PM
Premiere of the multimedia theatre play “The Death of Tarelkin”. Joint project by the Open School “Manege / MediaArtLab”, Center of Dance and Performance “Tsekh” and Ballet “Moskva”.